Join Our Team
The leading radio control model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the industry, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. Hobbico offers a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Customer Service Representative
- Sales Representatives
- Credit Clerk
- Human Resources Director
- Vice President of Operations
Sales & Service[TOP]
Customer Service Representative
Hobbico currently has a tremendous opportunity for a Customer Service Representative to join our team. As an employee-owned company, we foster a collaborative work environment. Come join a dynamic team that has a passion for innovation, success, and teamwork.More Information about Customer Service Representative
- Support wholesale customers with opening new accounts, updating existing accounts, and assisting with other inquiries
- Issue return authorizations for merchandise and resolve questions regarding unauthorized returns
- Investigate and settle customer claims relating to items missing from shipments
- Track shipments with various freight carriers
- File damaged or missing freight claims with various shipping carriers
- Process customer orders and enter them into computer system
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous computer experience
- Ability to solve customer problems
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Looking for career-minded, energetic, enthusiastic individuals with outgoing personalities to join our sales team. If you enjoy talking on the phone and helping an established territory of retailers grow their businesses, then you will love this opportunity in our fast-paced relationship based sales and marketing environment. We are seeking well organized, self-motivated, goal-oriented individuals with good computer skills. Sales or customer service experience desired. Experience using MS Word and Excel plus excellent communication and organizational skills required. Full-time Monday-Friday schedule; no nights or weekends. 50% of Hobbico Employees have been with us for 10 years or more. Come join us! Equal opportunity employer.
Hobbico currently has an exciting opportunity for a Credit Clerk to join our expanding team. We foster a vibrant culture and a collaborative work environment designed to empower our employees. Come join a dynamic team that has a passion for innovation, success, and teamwork!More Information about Credit Clerk
- Request and disburse credit information from wholesale customers
- Update and maintain customer credit information
- Obtain credit references to establish and update customer credit files
- Handle department filing and mailings and provide other administrative support to the department as needed
- Previous customer service experience desired
- Basic understanding of MS Word and Excel
Hobbico is 100% employee-owned and we believe that our employees are our most important resource. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
Human Resources Director
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the HR Director will function as a strategic business partner to help drive the organization's key business goals. This position will oversee all operational aspects of Hobbico's Human Resources services as well as Training and Development, offering HR expertise and guidance in the areas of policy interpretation and compliance, performance management, recruitment, employee relations and organizational effectiveness.More Information about Human Resources Director
- Develop and manage employee benefit programs to ensure cost effective design and administration that fits the needs of employees and the organization and are competitive in the employee marketplace and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and update employee benefits programs by assessing benefit trends and needs; recommending new and improved benefit programs and plan design changes for existing programs.
- Manage established company benefit programs such as life insurance, health, dental, vision, disability insurance, FSA and 401(k) & ESOP.
- Design and administer wage and salary, bonus and incentive plans that are competitive, equitable, cost-effective and based on performance.
- Administer performance appraisal and job evaluation programs to conform with company policy.
- Manage the payroll function to ensure accurate and timely processing of payrolls. Ensure that appropriate payroll records are maintained according to established guidelines.
- Manage the Employee Relations programs that includes effective ESOP communications and other related activities to cultivate an employee ownership culture.
- Responsible for the preparation and publication of the company newsletter.
- Oversee the preparation of all other employee recognition and other employee offered events.
- Manage health and wellness initiatives to promote employee health awareness.
- Ensure that programs, policies and procedures comply with new and established regulations and legislation.
- Direct and oversee all staffing-related functions to ensure the interviewing and selection process is using the best tools to source, evaluate and select quality candidates in a timely and cost effective manner. Develop creative sourcing strategies to recruit high caliber candidates.
- Manage the computer technology associated with the Human Resources area.
- Oversee the research, design and delivery of quality training programs that foster productive partnerships and meet the training needs of the organization.
- Develop and execute annually the strategic initiatives set-forth for the Human Resources and the Training and Development area.
- Coordinate budget preparation, analysis and tracking for HR and Training and Development.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or a related field.
- A demonstrated successful track record of progressively more responsible Human Resource experience with 7+ years of experience in a supervisory/management role in the Human Resources area.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and State employment and employee benefit laws, filing and compliance requirements.
- Extensive background in compensation, benefits, recruitment and selection, employee relations and HR regulatory matters.
- Experience in employment policies and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience working with HRIS computer technology.
- 5+ years of experience in the Training and Development area.
- Needs to be well organized and detail oriented, highly accurate with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products as well as a good working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with all members of the organization. Strong presentation skills are also highly desired.
- Strong problem solving ability and analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
Vice President of Operations
The company is currently seeking a dynamic leader with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as effective communication skills to oversee and manage all of the company's fulfillment operations/distribution centers (DC's) as well as oversee all aspects of the facilities management process. The Vice President will report to the President to assure strategy, vision and goals are consistently realized. Come join a dynamic team that has a passion for innovation, success, and teamwork!More Information about Vice President of Operations
- Oversee all aspects and activities of the multi-shift/multi-building distribution and warehousing operations. Plan, organize and monitor departmental activities including Receiving, Material Handling, Space Allocation, WIP, Inventory Control, Picking, Packing and Shipping.
- Implement established short and long range goals and operational plans to obtain objectives. Monitor and ensure that key performance indicators for the facilities are in keeping with established targets.
- Identify and secure necessary resources to properly staff and train employees at all distribution facilities.
- Analyze reports and other real time data required for planning production activities to stay on top of work in progress and deadlines.
- Be accountable for the inventories at the facility and coordinate inventory control activities according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure safe operation of the facilities, including compliance with Hobbico and governmental policies, providing a safe work environment for employees.
- Manage the annual operating budget for the distribution centers and maintain good cost control on operating expenses to help meet company goals.
- Collaborate with the warehouse management staff to develop strategic and operational plans for the facility. Provide direction to the facility staff to ensure these plans are executed in a timely manner.
- Lead the planning and management of appropriate staffing levels and measure employee productivity according to established standards to ensure the operation is running efficiently thereby meeting business needs.
- Research and implement continuous improvement initiatives and systems improvements that reduce cost of operations and improve service levels, productivity and quality of the operations.
- Guide operations management in compliance with government and other regulatory agency guidelines and laws and company programs. Implement programs to ensure overall safety, security, maintenance and ergonomics for the warehousing/fulfillment operations functions.
- Develop and execute strategic plans for the distribution operations. Integrate the separate activities of shipping, receiving, transportation and warehouse production with each functions accountabilities and interdependence in achieving company goals.
- Oversee all aspects of the facilities management process. Plan, monitor and manage departmental activities including maintenance, security, janitorial and food service.
- Monitor facility systems, workplace safety, and security programs to ensure their maintenance and continued development on an ongoing basis. Investigate improved methods and procedures for these areas and recommend policy enhancements. Accountable for ensuring the Security and Safety operations and activities to ensure regulatory compliance. Responsible for facility layout and design projects as needed.
- Develop and oversee preventative maintenance programs for all company HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems, vehicles and grounds areas.
- Develop and prepare proposals for suggested new procedures and improvements for existing procedures relating to all facilities' operations, maintenance, janitorial, security, safety, and food service operations.
- Analyze corporate needs and prepare solutions for the following: space utilization in the office and warehouse environments, security of assets and personnel.
- Serve as the head of the Safety Committee and work with safety committees at all facilities to ensure that standard operating procedures are in compliance with OSHA and other safety standards.
- Negotiate and monitor electric and natural gas utilities contracts and other operations contracts.
- Track leased properties to ensure proper review prior to the end of any lease arrangements. Assist with the negotiation of company lease renewals throughout the U.S.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Transportation and Logistics or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in a management role with warehousing experience preferably within the distribution industry.
- Thorough understanding of warehouse management and shipping systems.
- Must be knowledgeable about shipping procedures, regulations and practices relating to small package, truckloads, LTL and containers.
- Must have a good knowledge of OSHA, DOT and other regulatory matters relating to storage, handling and shipping of hazardous goods.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent team management skills and team leadership skills.
- Capable of working with employees, including management at all levels of the organization.
- Needs to be well organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task. Continual attention to detail and follow through is a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good written skills that include the ability to write reports and recommendations.
- The ability to promote positive employee relations working collaboratively with others to achieve goals and objectives.
- Strong safety and security background.