Join Our Team
The leading radio control model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the industry, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. Hobbico offers a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
Sales & Service[TOP]
Looking for career-minded, energetic, enthusiastic individuals with outgoing personalities to join our sales team. If you enjoy talking on the phone and helping an established territory of retailers grow their businesses, then you will love this opportunity in our fast-paced relationship based sales and marketing environment. We are seeking well organized, self-motivated, goal-oriented individuals with good computer skills. Sales or customer service experience desired. Experience using MS Word and Excel plus excellent communication and organizational skills required. Full-time Monday-Friday schedule; no nights or weekends. 50% of Hobbico Employees have been with us for 10 years or more. Come join us! Equal opportunity employer.
Video Editing Specialist
Take a moment. Let's go back to when you were a kid. Did you dream of racing fast cars around tight corners with precision? Soaring through the air, well above the tree tops like a bird? Want to drive a monster truck going 60 mph? How about clinging to the edge of a boulder in a 4x4? Or flying in an aircraft like Luke Skywalker while navigating obstacles?
Fast forward. Imagine if your day job involved playing with radio-controlled products, building cutting-edge video content that engages thousands of fans, and emotionally connecting with a network of enthusiasts. Meet Hobbico, one of the world's largest RC product companies.
Join Our Team
The Hobbico advertising group is a team of 30+ creative and high-energy professionals that serve as an in-house agency at Hobbico. We're excited to announce a new opening on our team. The selected applicant will get to not only work within our Advertising department, but also gain exposure to the product development process through R&D, Product, Support and Marketing interactions. They'll also get to work across a portfolio of 20+ brands.
About the Position
We're actively looking for a Video Editing Specialist to join our video department. In this role you'll get to work on programs including:
- Keep It RC: contribute to Keep It RC, our video hub on YouTube that reaches 16.6K+ subscribers and additional syndication across Hobbico's social channels
- Product Launches: from RC monster trucks, drones, boats and cars - you'll be a key part of the team that helps launch new RC product and engage our base of fans with video content.
- E-Commerce: collaborate with our digital team to transform our current and upcoming websites to provide visual content that promotes customers' love of the hobby.
- In The Field: whether attending an industry event (indoor racing near Chicago or outdoor drone racing in Indiana) or shooting a performance video for a new product, you'll have ample chances to get out from behind your desk, get outside in the sun and shoot products in the field.
- Live Video: collaborate with our social marketing manager and brand managers to create engaging, live video content on Facebook, SnapChat and other mediums.
- And... have autonomy with your role to pitch new ideas for consideration.
What we're looking for in our next team member:
- 2-4 years of work experience shooting (studio and in the field)
- 2-4 years of editing experience
- Pre-production experience: planning, storyboarding, sourcing talent
- Experience filming people and products
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent degree with concentration in video production required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for storytelling
- Strong organization skills
- Video Editing experience
- Video Production experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise with Photoshop and After Effects
- Expertise with a video editing software such as Premiere Pro
- Automotive / sport videography preferred
- Background in Graphic Design
- Some experience with copy writing and proofing
- Experience with 3D animation software similar to Cinema 4D
- Strong knowledge of video equipment, sound and lighting
- Personality traits:
- Proactive - able to receive high-level direction and dive into a project
- Creative - enjoys the creating process including brainstorming, concepting and execution
- Detail-oriented - focused on the details, takes ownership over the details
- Enjoys Learning New Things - proactively seeks knowledge, enjoys learning new things, desires to pick up new skills
- Patient - ability to work well with different roles and personality types, handle project delays due to product timelines
- Collaborative - enjoys sharing ideas with peers and receiving feedback on work
Interested applications should apply today. Please provide a resume and a link to video samples or your creative portfolio.
Elk Grove Village, IL
Visual Merchandising Manager
Revell currently has an opportunity for a Visual Merchandising Manager to support the overall retail strategy of the company through leading the visual merchandising function, creation of visual merchandising strategies as well as collaboration with retail channel partners to ensure effective merchandising execution. Based in Elk Grove Village, this position will work closely with sales, marketing, product planning and development, purchasing and advertising teams to significantly improve the profitability and maximize shareholder value.
As an employee-owned company, we foster a collaborative work environment. Come join a dynamic team that has a passion for innovation, success, and teamwork!More Information about Visual Merchandising Manager
- Design, implement, and execute visual presentation plans, planograms and point of purchase displays
- Partner with the sales and marketing team to establish and maintain understanding of retail objectives and provide merchandising strategy
- Perform market/channel analysis, competitive product analysis, and analyze sales trends to keep up with current performance trends
- Work with and manage third party vendors in support of merchandising strategy
- Regularly visit store locations to gather information and evaluate planogram and merchandising performance
- Develop and maintain visual merchandising budget
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales, marketing, or related field; MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in purchasing, buying or merchandising toy, consumer packaged goods and/or consumer electronics experience at the retail level
- Expertise in both physical and electronic planograms, and JDA Space Planning Software
- Proven results in driving sales through merchandising
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong organizational, detail, and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Previous Adobe Photoshop and InDesign experience is a plus
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts