Join Our Team
The leading radio control model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the industry, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. Hobbico offers a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Champaign, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Penrose, CO
- Reno, NV
- Irvine, CA
- Moira, UK
Product Support Technician
Answer interesting product related questions on inbound customer help phone lines. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Previous customer service experience a plus. Modeling experience is not required, but must have a willingness to learn about all aspects of the R/C hobby. Full-time, days.
Seeking a dedicated professional to join our dynamic Information Systems team. Create and modify existing computer programs and analyze computer functions for our IBM AS400. An A.A.S. in Business Information Systems programming and at least 2 years experience in programming and analysis is preferred. RPG IV programming, HTML, Web development, and AS400 experience, along with knowledge of business systems desirable. Full time, days.
Join our Advertising Department with your proven skills in web development, building and maintaining web sites for a large number of radio control and general hobby products. Qualified candidates must have a degree (or equivalent experience) in web development and experience creating web sites using HTML, CSS, and Java Script. Experience creating responsively designed web sites desired. Applicants should be deadline-oriented, well-organized, have good communication skills, and be prepared to keep up to date with web advances and changing technologies.
International Sales Representative
Initiate sales contact with international customers, act on new inquiries to establish accounts, and meet sales goals. The ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is desirable. Full-time, days.
Our sales team is growing and we are looking for inside Sales Representatives to help develop business with our existing retailer accounts. If you are enthusiastic, outgoing, and enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced environment, then you will love this opportunity. We are seeking a few well organized, goal-oriented people who enjoy talking on the phone and have good computer skills. Sales or customer service experience desired. Previous retail sales experience a plus. Full-time set schedule, Monday-Friday; no nights or weekends.
Fork Lift Drivers
Assist with stocking and movement of product. Previous forklift experience preferred, but not required. Full-time positions available on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift.
Pickers and Packers
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Pick customer orders or pack them for shipment. Full-time and part-time positions available on 2nd shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful, but not required.
Responsible for the warehouse receipt and check-in process for merchandise ordered by the company. May also assist with unloading trucks. Dependable work history required. Previous warehouse experience helpful. Full-time position available on 1st shift.
Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety procedures. Previous security, law enforcement, or military experience or related educational background desired. Full-time and part-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift.
Responsible for buying product lines, negotiating with and acting as primary liaison for assigned manufacturers. Manages inventory levels to maximize inventory fill rates, turn rates, cost of goods and return on investment. Sources qualified manufacturers who can meet purchase needs in terms of product quality, quantity and delivery date. Responsible for ongoing inventory item maintenance. Previous retail or wholesale buying experience required along with strong communication, math and Excel skills.
Director of Marketing
We are seeking an experienced professional for the position of Director of Marketing to develop a dynamic global marketing strategy to include growth in both domestic and targeted international markets. If you have excellent leadership and project management skills combined with strong product branding abilities and a successful track record of developing high impact marketing programs and promotional campaigns, this could be the career opportunity of a lifetime.
- Develop and implement creative strategic market plans for Hobbico's proprietary product lines. Create marketing plans, promotions, and marketing communication strategies.
- Create industry leading communication platforms that showcase Hobbico's brand leadership to consumers and other customers. Establish and maintain an innovative and consistent brand image for each product line throughout all marketing initiatives, including websites, other online marketing venues, press, PR and advertising.
- Oversee the development and specification of product roadmaps. Implement tracking of product marketing lifecycles and specific product campaigns. Manage the product marketing process for all products and develop an integrated communication plan for each product.
- Conduct market research to meet changing market conditions to develop best-in-class marketing programs. This also includes the use of marketing analytics including web analytics and ROI analysis.
- Work closely with the product development team to develop, support and manage the integration of marketing and promotions initiatives to drive new product launch strategies. Drive the creation of promotional product launch kits.
- Perform in-depth analysis and reporting of multi-channel marketing and promotional campaigns and programs to optimize their performance. Work to optimize programs for accelerated revenue growth, and increased profitability.
- Coordinate and monitor marketing activities as they relate to product pricing, packaging and promotions across all distributions channels.
- Establish and manage trade and field promotions and marketing initiatives. Develop and oversee calendar of industry and field events.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field; MBA a plus and/or 10-15 years of experience with consumer products in multi-channel marketing.
- Demonstrated experience as a marketing leader in a consumer products based environment.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to motivate a team and communicate with senior management. Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively with product development, sales and profit centers.
- Strong numerical and analytical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Previous experience with consumer-oriented e-commerce website technology and techniques.
- Strategic, creative thinker who can balance short term operating needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic atmosphere.
- Proven ability to effectively create and manage budgets and develop forecasts.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Looking for an energized and creative candidate to identify target markets and create and execute marketing plans for multiple product lines. Coordinate the implementation of marketing projects. Direct the creation of electronic marketing including websites and social media. Provide input and direction for packaging, advertising, and customer promotions. Attend trade shows and other events to stay up to date with industry trends. A degree in Marketing or related field and at least three years experience with consumer products marketing is required. Excellent communication skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at once are a must. Knowledge of R/C products and an interest in the hobby desired.
Responsible for all aspects of customer maintenance and order processing for National Chain accounts. Responsibilities include researching and applying each customer's processing requirements and routing and shipping orders within specified dates. Requires at least 3 years experience in administration, customer service, or operations. Proficiency in developing and maintaining Microsoft Excel spreadsheets required. Full-time, days.
Systems Compliance Manager
Seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented audit professional to assume this key position responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial and compliance-related audits of key business units. Help with operational improvements and efficiencies by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management and internal controls. Qualifications include a B.S. in Accounting (CPA/MBA preferred) and a minimum of 5 years financial and operational audit experience. A combination of national public accounting and industrial manufacturing audit experience is highly desirable. Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with a good working knowledge of business and accounting systems are a must.
Assess company training needs and develop and conduct effective training programs to maintain and improve employee job skills.
- Writing curriculum for training programs including training manuals, course materials and presentations.
- Providing safety and regulatory training and other training for new hires.
- Perform computer software training and product training.
- Measure and record training effectiveness.
- Establish relationships and coordinate training with department clients.
- Assisting with administrative duties as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience writing and delivering training curriculums.
- Excellent presentation skills/influential speaker.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use new technologies to increase training efficiency and materials effectiveness.
- Proven writing skills.
- Experience training adult learners in a corporate environment preferred.
- Bachelors' Degree in a related field, preferably Communications or Training.
Elk Grove Village, IL
No positions available at this time.[TOP]
Assemble parts to light sub-assemblies and complete units. Full-time, days.
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Full-time positions available on 1st shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful.
Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety policies and procedures. This position requires previous law enforcement or security experience, or related educational background. Part-time, days.
Seeking an Office Administrator who will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Assists office staff in maintaining files and databases
- Manages company travel
- Prepares reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals and correspondence
- Processes company expense reports
- Assists with task delegation to office staff as needed
- Monitors office operations to assure policies are followed
- Schedules appointments and meetings for executives and upper level staff
- Tracks office supply inventory and coordinates supply orders
- Oversees facility maintenance
- Assists in the preparation of department budgets and expenses
- Manages incoming/outgoing UPS and FED EX
- Distributes daily mail
- Assists the Accounting Department as needed
- Assists with HR functions and special events
- Processes receipt of goods entries
- Creates and uploads invoices
- Performs sales order entry, invoicing, and collection of payments
- Assists Purchasing with drop shipments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Maintains staff confidentiality
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of email and scheduling software
- 2 years or more related experience
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Associates' or Bachelors' Degree preferred