Join Our Team
The leading radio control model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the industry, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. Hobbico offers a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Champaign, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Penrose, CO
- Reno, NV
- Irvine, CA
- Moira, UK
Bring your expertise at creating graphic artwork and web designs to a position that lets you explore an enormous variety of advertising projects - catalogs, newsletters, magazine ads, mass market, sales flyers, web site designs, and more! You'll complete layout and production using the latest Adobe Creative Suite software. An Associate's degree in Graphic Design is required, plus 4-5 years' experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, and CSS.
Repair R/C models and engines, test hobby products, and assist with related questions. Ability to work with hand tools and small parts required. R/C modeling, light mechanical, or experience in small engine repair desired. Full-time, days.
International Sales Representative
Initiate sales contact with international customers, act on new inquiries to establish accounts, and meet sales goals. The ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is desirable. Full-time, days.
Our sales team is growing and we are looking for inside Sales Representatives to help develop business with our existing retailer accounts. If you are enthusiastic, outgoing, and enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced environment, then you will love this opportunity. We are seeking a few well organized, goal-oriented people who enjoy talking on the phone and have good computer skills. Sales or customer service experience desired. Previous retail sales experience a plus. Full-time set schedule, Monday-Friday; no nights or weekends.
Assist with general cleaning and tile floor care. At least two years of previous janitorial and floor care experience and a dependable work history required. Full-time, 2nd shift.
Pickers and Packers
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Pick customer orders or pack them for shipment. Full-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful, but not required.
Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety procedures. Previous security, law enforcement, or military experience or related educational background desired. Part-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift.
Responsible for the supervision of the Accounting Department including daily operations, direction, and coordination of the department.
- Manage daily accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Initiate and process journal entries into the general ledgers and create and review monthly financial statements.
- Provide financial analysis and statistical reports for the Controller and company management.
- Review monthly statements with departmental representatives. Prepare correspondence and answer inquiries regarding account information.
- Daily supervision of accounting staff. Prepare employee schedules to ensure all required activities are completed. Oversee employee development and training.
- B.S. in Accounting required; CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles with 3-5 years of progressive, relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of financial software applications, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Supervisory experience in an accounting position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Director of Marketing
We are seeking an experienced professional for the position of Director of Marketing to develop a dynamic global marketing strategy to include growth in both domestic and targeted international markets. If you have excellent leadership and project management skills combined with strong product branding abilities and a successful track record of developing high impact marketing programs and promotional campaigns, this could be the career opportunity of a lifetime.
- Develop and implement creative strategic market plans for Hobbico's proprietary product lines. Create marketing plans, promotions, and marketing communication strategies.
- Create industry leading communication platforms that showcase Hobbico's brand leadership to consumers and other customers. Establish and maintain an innovative and consistent brand image for each product line throughout all marketing initiatives, including websites, other online marketing venues, press, PR and advertising.
- Oversee the development and specification of product roadmaps. Implement tracking of product marketing lifecycles and specific product campaigns. Manage the product marketing process for all products and develop an integrated communication plan for each product.
- Conduct market research to meet changing market conditions to develop best-in-class marketing programs. This also includes the use of marketing analytics including web analytics and ROI analysis.
- Work closely with the product development team to develop, support and manage the integration of marketing and promotions initiatives to drive new product launch strategies. Drive the creation of promotional product launch kits.
- Perform in-depth analysis and reporting of multi-channel marketing and promotional campaigns and programs to optimize their performance. Work to optimize programs for accelerated revenue growth, and increased profitability.
- Coordinate and monitor marketing activities as they relate to product pricing, packaging and promotions across all distributions channels.
- Establish and manage trade and field promotions and marketing initiatives. Develop and oversee calendar of industry and field events.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field; MBA a plus and/or 10-15 years of experience with consumer products in multi-channel marketing.
- Demonstrated experience as a marketing leader in a consumer products based environment.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to motivate a team and communicate with senior management. Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively with product development, sales and profit centers.
- Strong numerical and analytical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Previous experience with consumer-oriented e-commerce website technology and techniques.
- Strategic, creative thinker who can balance short term operating needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic atmosphere.
- Proven ability to effectively create and manage budgets and develop forecasts.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Assist in the creation of marketing and promotional initiatives for our innovative house brand radio control hobby products. Responsibilities include coordinating the input for all marketing, promotions and advertising materials for the marketing team. Monitor new product release schedules. Help execute electronic marketing strategies including social media postings. A minimum of 1-2 years marketing or advertising experience and superior organizational and communications skills are a must. A degree in Marketing or related field is a plus. R/C industry experience or product knowledge desired.
Systems Compliance Manager
Seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented audit professional to assume this key position responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial and compliance-related audits of key business units. Help with operational improvements and efficiencies by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management and internal controls. Qualifications include a B.S. in Accounting (CPA/MBA preferred) and a minimum of 5 years financial and operational audit experience. A combination of national public accounting and industrial manufacturing audit experience is highly desirable. Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with a good working knowledge of business and accounting systems are a must.
Assess company training needs and develop and conduct effective training programs to maintain and improve employee job skills.
- Writing curriculum for training programs including training manuals, course materials and presentations.
- Providing safety and regulatory training and other training for new hires.
- Perform computer software training and product training.
- Measure and record training effectiveness.
- Establish relationships and coordinate training with department clients.
- Assisting with administrative duties as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience writing and delivering training curriculums.
- Excellent presentation skills/influential speaker.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use new technologies to increase training efficiency and materials effectiveness.
- Proven writing skills.
- Experience training adult learners in a corporate environment preferred.
- Bachelors' Degree in a related field, preferably Communications or Training.
Elk Grove Village, IL
Issue purchase orders, maintain vendor quote files, and communicate with vendors regarding the status of orders. Prepare a variety of reports using Excel spreadsheets and the company database. Create costing sheets for new items and coordinate work orders with other departments. A minimum of 1-2 years of purchasing experience and strong Excel skills required. Superior organizational and writing skills are a must.
Assemble parts to light sub-assemblies and complete units. Full-time, days.
Seeking a self-starter able to work independently in a clean and safe environment. Perform a variety of basic maintenance and repair tasks including painting, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, preventive maintenance and some janitorial duties. Requires at least 2 years of maintenance or construction experience. Part-time, days.
Moira, United Kingdom
Customer Support Coordinator
ARRMA Durango Ltd (ADL) is a design studio based close to Ashby de la Zouch creating some of the finest and most innovative RC cars for the leisure and race markets. An exciting career opportunity has arisen through our continued expansion, for an analytical, well organised, team player that has a good understanding or strong interest in radio control model cars. Working directly with the Managing Director and the product development staff, the Customer Support Coordinator will help maximise global sales for our three brands.
This exciting and varied role will appeal to a detail oriented person who is motivated by contributing directly to the success of the company and product, through detailed analysis and offering recommendations that generate continual improvement.
- Providing customers new product information/content
- Production planning, coordinating orders/requirements
- Inventory analysis and making recommendations to manage group wide inventory
- Sales Analysis and making recommendations to maximise sales
- Product life cycle management
- PC based office skills, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- High competence with MS Excel
- Understanding of databases, data tables (working with IT staff support)
- Problem solving through statistical data analysis
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
- ARRMA Durango Ltd is a subsidiary of Hobbico, Inc.
- Located at Suite 3, Enterprise Glade, Moira, Derbyshire, DE12 6BA
- Some minimal international business travel may be required
Apply via email with covering letter and CV to Robert Hopkins - firstname.lastname@example.org