Join Our Team
The leading radio control model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the industry, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. Hobbico offers a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Champaign, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Penrose, CO
- Reno, NV
- Mission Viejo, CA
- Moira, UK
Embedded Software Engineer
Experienced programmer/engineer needed to deliver high-quality embedded software for a variety of remote control platforms and applications including motor speed controllers, flight controllers, battery charging systems and more. Responsible for the design and maintenance of embedded software/firmware for products as well as the development of hardware specifications for embedded platforms. Develop and design test specifications, debugging tracking reports and associated test documentation. Ensure design implementation and meets industry and corporate safety standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- At least 6 years' experience in a related field.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in embedded software development.
- Proficiency in C and C++ programming.
- Strong practical knowledge of software solutions and development techniques for embedded systems.
- Good working knowledge of version control software such as Git or SVN
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once and handle changing priorities.
Other desired qualifications:
- Experience with BLDC motor controllers.
- Knowledge of ARM and AVR microcontrollers.
- Experience with PID control loops.
- RC hobby product knowledge/experience.
Product Support Technician
Answer interesting product related questions on inbound customer help phone lines. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Previous customer service experience a plus. Modeling experience is not required, but must have a willingness to learn about all aspects of the R/C hobby. Full-time, days.
International Sales Representative
Initiate sales contact with international customers, act on new inquiries to establish accounts, and meet sales goals. The ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is desirable. Full-time, days.
Seeking qualified individuals to join our wholesale sales team! Take inbound orders from customers and field basic customer service questions. Make outbound calls to established customer accounts and present daily specials. No cold calling. Previous sales or customer service experience and computer skills desired. Full-time set schedule, Monday-Friday; no nights or weekends.
Sales & Service Representatives
Answer inbound calls from customers and assist them with placing orders in a call center environment. Excellent phone, verbal, and interpersonal skills required. Previous sales or customer service experience and computer experience desirable. Incentive pay offered. Full-time and part-time positions available. Set schedule with evening (until 8PM) and weekend (Saturday 9-4 or Sunday 10-4) hours available.
Assist with stocking and movement of product. Previous forklift experience preferred, but not required. Full-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift.
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Pick customer orders or pack them for shipment. Full-time and part-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful, but not required.
Responsible for the warehouse receipt and check-in process for merchandise ordered by the company. May also assist with unloading trucks. Dependable work history required. Previous warehouse experience helpful. Full-time position available on 1st shift.
Seeking a Receiving Supervisor for our warehouse which is a key position on our warehouse team. This hands-on position coordinates daily receiving activities and provides work direction to associates receiving merchandise.
- Oversee and participate in the timely receipt of all incoming deliveries according to company standards.
- Ensure all receiving functions that affect inventory are processed accurately through an established verification process.
- Manage the product flow from receiving to the warehouse.
- Ensure the accurate processing of all returns-to-vendors (RTVs), chargebacks, transfers, and damages based on established guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a warehouse/receiving environment.
- Organized and goal-oriented with the ability to multi-task and excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to lead a team, work well independently, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel.
- Experience operating forklifts, pallet jacks and related equipment.
- The ability to lift and move 70 lbs.
- Some college coursework preferred.
Return to Stock Clerk
Work in the warehouse re-stocking items and returning product to the proper location. Pick special product orders as directed. Sort and meter mail and assist with other duties as needed. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. Previous warehouse or stocking experience desirable. Good organizational skills a plus. Full-time, days.
Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety procedures. Previous security, law enforcement, or military experience or related educational background desired. Full-time and part-time positions available, 2nd shift and weekend hours.
Associate Product Manager - Electronics Team
Assist the Product Manager in the development of house-branded electronic products which support and enhance the use and enjoyment of R/C aircraft. Help develop products that offer value and satisfaction to the customer.
As Associate Product Manager on the Electronics Team, you will...
- Help to develop new product ideas that would appeal to U.S. and European Markets.
- Assist with production planning and schedules, design creation, vendor selection, project coordination, and new product introductions.
- Assist with all facets of product development, ensuring necessary processes are accomplished from product conceptualization to market release.
- Handle day-to-day communications with vendors on assigned products.
- Assist in the initial product sourcing and purchasing function of electronics and related accessories.
- Help with the presentation of product at all Hobbico-related trade shows.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years hands-on technical experience with R/C aircraft and accessories.
- Extensive knowledge of electronic principles and products, such as brushless motors, AC and DC powered devices, 2.4 GHz transmitters, and receiver technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel for trade shows and other industry events.
Other desirable qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or Technology.
- Previous experience in project management.
Responsible for buying product lines, negotiating with and acting as primary liaison for assigned manufacturers. Manages inventory levels to maximize inventory fill rates, turn rates, cost of goods and return on investment. Sources qualified manufacturers who can meet purchase needs in terms of product quality, quantity and delivery date. Responsible for ongoing inventory item maintenance. Previous retail or wholesale buying experience required along with strong communication, math and Excel skills.
Director of Marketing
We are seeking an experienced professional for the position of Director of Marketing to develop a dynamic global marketing strategy to include growth in both domestic and targeted international markets. If you have excellent leadership and project management skills combined with strong product branding abilities and a successful track record of developing high impact marketing programs and promotional campaigns, this could be the career opportunity of a lifetime.
- Develop and implement creative strategic market plans for Hobbico's proprietary product lines. Create marketing plans, promotions, and marketing communication strategies.
- Create industry leading communication platforms that showcase Hobbico's brand leadership to consumers and other customers. Establish and maintain an innovative and consistent brand image for each product line throughout all marketing initiatives, including websites, other online marketing venues, press, PR and advertising.
- Oversee the development and specification of product roadmaps. Implement tracking of product marketing lifecycles and specific product campaigns. Manage the product marketing process for all products and develop an integrated communication plan for each product.
- Conduct market research to meet changing market conditions to develop best-in-class marketing programs. This also includes the use of marketing analytics including web analytics and ROI analysis.
- Work closely with the product development team to develop, support and manage the integration of marketing and promotions initiatives to drive new product launch strategies. Drive the creation of promotional product launch kits.
- Perform in-depth analysis and reporting of multi-channel marketing and promotional campaigns and programs to optimize their performance. Work to optimize programs for accelerated revenue growth, and increased profitability.
- Coordinate and monitor marketing activities as they relate to product pricing, packaging and promotions across all distributions channels.
- Establish and manage trade and field promotions and marketing initiatives. Develop and oversee calendar of industry and field events.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field; MBA a plus and/or 10-15 years of experience with consumer products in multi-channel marketing.
- Demonstrated experience as a marketing leader in a consumer products based environment.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to motivate a team and communicate with senior management. Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively with product development, sales and profit centers.
- Strong numerical and analytical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Previous experience with consumer-oriented e-commerce website technology and techniques.
- Strategic, creative thinker who can balance short term operating needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic atmosphere.
- Proven ability to effectively create and manage budgets and develop forecasts.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Assist in the creation of marketing and promotional initiatives for our innovative house brand radio control hobby products. Responsibilities include coordinating the input for all marketing, promotions and advertising materials for the marketing team. Monitor new product release schedules. Help execute electronic marketing strategies including social media postings. A minimum of 1-2 years marketing or advertising experience and superior organizational and communications skills are a must. A degree in Marketing or related field is a plus. R/C industry experience or product knowledge desired.
Assist with coordinating departmental projects and developing new product promotions. Prepare computerized quote forms, maintain customer databases, and track promotional results. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented with proficiency in Microsoft Excel. A minimum of one year experience in advertising, marketing, or retail sales required. Knowledge of RC and general hobby products is a plus. Full-time, days.
Acts as the primary assistant to the Advertising department manager. Assists with all print production and web advertising work. Monitors project schedules to ensure deadlines are met and prepares reports. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in the Advertising or Marketing field. Associates' degree or equivalent required. Proficiency with MS Office is a must. Full-time, days.
Systems Compliance Manager
Seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented audit professional to assume this key position responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial and compliance-related audits of key business units. Help with operational improvements and efficiencies by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management and internal controls. Qualifications include a B.S. in Accounting (CPA/MBA preferred) and a minimum of 5 years financial and operational audit experience. A combination of national public accounting and industrial manufacturing audit experience is highly desirable. Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with a good working knowledge of business and accounting systems are a must.
Elk Grove Village, IL
Revell has a unique job opportunity for a qualified candidate to join the best scale model design and development team in the toy and hobby industry. We are seeking a talented and motivated design engineer to lead projects, develop conceptual product strategies and create 3D CAD designs for new products. This is a chance to work in a fun atmosphere, designing and developing exciting new products for the scale model and toy industry. Interesting and challenging design subjects range from exotic and classic cars, to military and commercial aircraft, sci-fi spaceships, and more.
As a Design Engineer:
- Create product concept design strategy.
- Create 3D CAD models and 2D part drawings and exploded view drawings.
- Act as the internal product expert for the development team.
- Manage projects to achieve critical milestone targets.
- Create materials selection and definition for new products.
- Validate product designs utilizing rapid prototyping techniques and tools.
- Create Bill of Material lists for manufacturing.
- Assure products comply to licensing and product safety testing requirements.
- Research subject matter to accurately design products.
- Communicate with overseas manufacturers during tool construction and product qualification.
- Consult with quality and technical staff during validation of tooling and first production.
Key Requirements for the position:
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing plastic injection molded products.
- Experience with injection molded plastic part design and complex assemblies.
- 3D CAD design proficiency (ProE Creo preferred).
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
Other desired qualifications:
- Experience with injection mold tooling and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Experience with toy or scale model hobby industry.
- Familiarity with scale models.
Revell is looking for a Technical Project Manager to lead our technical staff, maintain product safety compliance testing, test and evaluate functionality of new products and manage internal projects to meet critical project milestones.
As Technical Manager:
- Lead and prioritize work for the department to assure project milestones are achieved
- Lead testing and evaluation for new products
- Evaluate development samples for function, appearance and quality vs. intended design
- Create test summary documentation for engineering and manufacturing department feedback
- Maintain product safety testing records and lead product safety qualification via 3rd party testing labs
- Perform quality reviews of existing products
- Lead prototype creation with inside and outside resources
- Develop and maintain internal engineering and manufacturing documentation
Key Requirements for the position:
- 5 years related work experience
- Strong leadership ability
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within an internal and external cross functional team
Other desired qualifications:
- Associates of Science in technical field.
- Experience with model building
- Familiar with injection mold tooling and molding process
Vice President of Sales
As Vice President of Sales for the Mass Market Division you will be responsible for establishing the sales strategies, leading the mass market sales organization and growing our business within consumer retail. If you are an organized, enthusiastic and energetic individual with a proven record in strategic sales leadership, this is a great career opportunity.
As Vice President of Sales:
- Management of sales team creating a positive culture of success, ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Research, develop and manage sales strategies and plans that identify market opportunities, create new business and achieve sales goals.
- Define and implement sales processes that facilitate communication and align team members.
- Responsible for budgeting including providing detailed and accurate sales forecasting, objectives, policies and operating procedures, both short and long range.
- Define optimal internal and external sales force structure and hire, train and develop staff.
- Establish and implement goals and expectations and closely monitor progress for each sales team member
- Oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the team to achieve their sales targets
- Establish and implement sales processes that drive desired results and identify improvements where and when required
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to high level customer satisfaction.
- Partner with marketing to establish successful support and sell through channel programs.
- Travel for in-person meetings to develop key relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Serve on divisions planning and policy making committees
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess:
- Ten or more years of experience in a senior level position selling consumer goods to mass market retailers.
- Five or more years of success in developing, leading and motivating productive sales organizations.
- Experienced in strategic thinking, planning and execution.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and approach to selling and business.
- Ability to incorporate financial analysis with sales strategies.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
- Requires professional and compelling presentation skills with a natural ability to hold strategic conversations and analyze audiences to change tactics.
- Proficient use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other sales and presentational tools.
- B.A. in Business or related experience equivalent.
Work on assembly line, assist with re-work and other assembly projects. Package materials and help load/unload trucks when needed. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. High school diploma or GED required. Full-time, 1st shift.
Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety policies and procedures. This position requires previous law enforcement or security experience, or related educational background. Part-time, days.
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Full-time and part-time positions available on 1st shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful.
Mission Viejo, CA
Social Media Specialist
Assist with creating a comprehensive social network marketing strategy that encompasses all aspects of social media. Responsibilities include daily content production for social media sites, tracking results, and collaborating with other staff to ensure proper online messaging. Previous video production and Photoshop editing experience required. Must be creative and analytical and have excellent written communication skills and have expert knowledge of social networking channels. Previous new media hobby experience/product knowledge desired. A degree in Marketing, Journalism, or related field is essential.