Join Our Team
The leading radio control model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the industry, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. Hobbico offers a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Champaign, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Penrose, CO
- Reno, NV
- Irvine, CA
- Moira, UK
Bring your expertise at creating graphic artwork and web designs to a position that lets you explore an enormous variety of advertising projects - catalogs, newsletters, magazine ads, mass market, sales flyers, web site designs, and more! You'll complete layout and production using the latest Adobe Creative Suite software. An Associate's degree in Graphic Design is required, plus 4-5 years' experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, and CSS.
Product Support Technician
Answer interesting product related questions on inbound customer help phone lines. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Previous customer service experience a plus. Modeling experience is not required, but must have a willingness to learn about all aspects of the R/C hobby. Full-time, days.
Inside Sales and Service Representatives
Answer inbound calls from customers and assist them with placing orders for an array of hobby products. Excellent phone, verbal, and interpersonal skills required. Previous sales or customer service and computer experience desirable. The call center is open 7 days a week and there are full-time and part-time positions available. We are currently seeking applicants who would enjoy the benefits of a set schedule. Evening (until 8PM) and weekend (Saturday 9-4 or Sunday 10-4) hours available.
International Sales Representative
Initiate sales contact with international customers, act on new inquiries to establish accounts, and meet sales goals. The ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is desirable. Full-time, days.
Our sales team is growing and we are looking for inside Sales Representatives to help develop business with our existing retailer accounts. If you are enthusiastic, outgoing, and enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced environment, then you will love this opportunity. We are seeking a few well organized, goal-oriented people who enjoy talking on the phone and have good computer skills. Sales or customer service experience desired. Previous retail sales experience a plus. Full-time set schedule, Monday-Friday; no nights or weekends.
Assist with stocking and movement of product. Previous forklift experience preferred, but not required. Full-time position available on 3rd shift.
Assist with general cleaning and tile floor care. At least two years of previous janitorial and floor care experience and a dependable work history required. Full-time, 2nd shift.
Operate numerous types of machinery including saws, routers, and sanders. Unload trucks when needed. The ability to read a tape measure and input information into the computer are required. Previous carpentry or shop experience desired. Full-time, days.
Pickers and Packers
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Pick customer orders or pack them for shipment. Full-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful, but not required.
Responsible for the warehouse receipt and check-in process for merchandise ordered by the company. May also assist with unloading trucks. Dependable work history required. Previous warehouse experience helpful. Full-time position available on 1st shift.
Seeking a Receiving Supervisor for our warehouse which is a key position on our warehouse team. This hands-on position coordinates daily receiving activities and provides work direction to associates receiving merchandise.
- Oversee and participate in the timely receipt of all incoming deliveries according to company standards.
- Ensure all receiving functions that affect inventory are processed accurately through an established verification process.
- Manage the product flow from receiving to the warehouse.
- Ensure the accurate processing of all returns-to-vendors (RTVs), chargebacks, transfers, and damages based on established guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a warehouse/receiving environment.
- Organized and goal-oriented with the ability to multi-task and excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to lead a team, work well independently, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel.
- Experience operating forklifts, pallet jacks and related equipment.
- The ability to lift and move 70 lbs.
- Some college coursework preferred.
Return to Stock Clerk
Work in the warehouse re-stocking items and returning product to the proper location. Pick special product orders as directed. Sort and meter mail and assist with other duties as needed. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. Previous warehouse or stocking experience desirable. Good organizational skills a plus. Full-time, days.
Responsible for buying product lines, negotiating with and acting as primary liaison for assigned manufacturers. Manages inventory levels to maximize inventory fill rates, turn rates, cost of goods and return on investment. Sources qualified manufacturers who can meet purchase needs in terms of product quality, quantity and delivery date. Responsible for ongoing inventory item maintenance. Previous retail or wholesale buying experience required along with strong communication, math and Excel skills.
Director of Marketing
We are seeking an experienced professional for the position of Director of Marketing to develop a dynamic global marketing strategy to include growth in both domestic and targeted international markets. If you have excellent leadership and project management skills combined with strong product branding abilities and a successful track record of developing high impact marketing programs and promotional campaigns, this could be the career opportunity of a lifetime.
- Develop and implement creative strategic market plans for Hobbico's proprietary product lines. Create marketing plans, promotions, and marketing communication strategies.
- Create industry leading communication platforms that showcase Hobbico's brand leadership to consumers and other customers. Establish and maintain an innovative and consistent brand image for each product line throughout all marketing initiatives, including websites, other online marketing venues, press, PR and advertising.
- Oversee the development and specification of product roadmaps. Implement tracking of product marketing lifecycles and specific product campaigns. Manage the product marketing process for all products and develop an integrated communication plan for each product.
- Conduct market research to meet changing market conditions to develop best-in-class marketing programs. This also includes the use of marketing analytics including web analytics and ROI analysis.
- Work closely with the product development team to develop, support and manage the integration of marketing and promotions initiatives to drive new product launch strategies. Drive the creation of promotional product launch kits.
- Perform in-depth analysis and reporting of multi-channel marketing and promotional campaigns and programs to optimize their performance. Work to optimize programs for accelerated revenue growth, and increased profitability.
- Coordinate and monitor marketing activities as they relate to product pricing, packaging and promotions across all distributions channels.
- Establish and manage trade and field promotions and marketing initiatives. Develop and oversee calendar of industry and field events.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field; MBA a plus and/or 10-15 years of experience with consumer products in multi-channel marketing.
- Demonstrated experience as a marketing leader in a consumer products based environment.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to motivate a team and communicate with senior management. Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively with product development, sales and profit centers.
- Strong numerical and analytical skill set with ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Previous experience with consumer-oriented e-commerce website technology and techniques.
- Strategic, creative thinker who can balance short term operating needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic atmosphere.
- Proven ability to effectively create and manage budgets and develop forecasts.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Assist in the creation of marketing and promotional initiatives for our innovative house brand radio control hobby products. Responsibilities include coordinating the input for all marketing, promotions and advertising materials for the marketing team. Monitor new product release schedules. Help execute electronic marketing strategies including social media postings. A minimum of 1-2 years marketing or advertising experience and superior organizational and communications skills are a must. A degree in Marketing or related field is a plus. R/C industry experience or product knowledge desired.
Systems Compliance Manager
Seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented audit professional to assume this key position responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial and compliance-related audits of key business units. Help with operational improvements and efficiencies by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management and internal controls. Qualifications include a B.S. in Accounting (CPA/MBA preferred) and a minimum of 5 years financial and operational audit experience. A combination of national public accounting and industrial manufacturing audit experience is highly desirable. Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with a good working knowledge of business and accounting systems are a must.
Assess company training needs and develop and conduct effective training programs to maintain and improve employee job skills.
- Writing curriculum for training programs including training manuals, course materials and presentations.
- Providing safety and regulatory training and other training for new hires.
- Perform computer software training and product training.
- Measure and record training effectiveness.
- Establish relationships and coordinate training with department clients.
- Assisting with administrative duties as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience writing and delivering training curriculums.
- Excellent presentation skills/influential speaker.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use new technologies to increase training efficiency and materials effectiveness.
- Proven writing skills.
- Experience training adult learners in a corporate environment preferred.
- Bachelors' Degree in a related field, preferably Communications or Training.
Elk Grove Village, IL
Seeking an experienced Design Engineer to create new products for our line of plastic model kits.
As a Design Engineer:
- Manage projects to achieve critical milestone targets.
- Create product concept design and exploded view drawings.
- Create 3D CAD models and 2D part drawings with detailed dimensions and tolerance.
- Assist with selection of materials for new products.
- Create Bill of Material lists for manufacturing.
- Validate product designs utilizing rapid prototyping techniques and tools.
- Assure products adhere to licensing and product safety testing requirements.
- Research subject matter to accurately design products.
- Communicate with manufacturers during tool construction and product qualification.
- Consult with quality and technical staff during validation of tooling and first production.
Key Requirements for the position:
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering or related field.
- Experience with injection molded plastic part design and complex assemblies.
- Previous CAD design experience (ProE Creo preferred).
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
Other desired qualifications:
- Experience with injection mold tooling and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Experience in scale modeling industry.
Looking for an experienced manager to lead our Technical team. This is a unique opportunity to work with the best model development team in the business.
As Technical Manager:
- Lead and prioritize work for the department and maintain project log
- Lead testing and evaluation for new products
- Evaluate development samples for function, appearance and quality vs. intended design
- Create test summary documentation for engineering and manufacturing department feedback
- Maintain safety testing records and lead safety qualification via 3rd party testing labs
- Perform quality reviews of existing products
- Lead prototype creation with inside and outside resources
- Create and validate Bill of Material lists for manufacturing
Key Requirements for the position:
- Previous leadership experience
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong experience with model building
- Strong attention to detail
Other desired qualifications:
- Associates of Science in technical field.
- Familiar with injection mold tooling and molding process
Assemble parts to light sub-assemblies and complete units. Full-time, days.
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Full-time and part-time positions available on 1st shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful.
Moira, United Kingdom
Customer Support Coordinator
ARRMA Durango Ltd (ADL) is a design studio based close to Ashby de la Zouch creating some of the finest and most innovative RC cars for the leisure and race markets. An exciting career opportunity has arisen through our continued expansion, for an analytical, well organised, team player that has a good understanding or strong interest in radio control model cars. Working directly with the Managing Director and the product development staff, the Customer Support Coordinator will help maximise global sales for our three brands.
This exciting and varied role will appeal to a detail oriented person who is motivated by contributing directly to the success of the company and product, through detailed analysis and offering recommendations that generate continual improvement.
- Providing customers new product information/content
- Production planning, coordinating orders/requirements
- Inventory analysis and making recommendations to manage group wide inventory
- Sales Analysis and making recommendations to maximise sales
- Product life cycle management
- PC based office skills, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- High competence with MS Excel
- Understanding of databases, data tables (working with IT staff support)
- Problem solving through statistical data analysis
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
- ARRMA Durango Ltd is a subsidiary of Hobbico, Inc.
- Located at Suite 3, Enterprise Glade, Moira, Derbyshire, DE12 6BA
- Some minimal international business travel may be required
Apply via email with covering letter and CV to Robert Hopkins - firstname.lastname@example.org