Join Our Team
The leading radio control model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the industry, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. Hobbico offers a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Champaign, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Penrose, CO
- Reno, NV
- Mission Viejo, CA
- Moira, UK
Embedded Software Engineer
Experienced programmer/engineer needed to deliver high-quality embedded software for a variety of remote control platforms and applications including motor speed controllers, flight controllers, battery charging systems and more. Responsible for the design and maintenance of embedded software/firmware for products as well as the development of hardware specifications for embedded platforms. Develop and design test specifications, debugging tracking reports and associated test documentation. Ensure design implementation and meets industry and corporate safety standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- At least 6 years' experience in a related field.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in embedded software development.
- Proficiency in C and C++ programming.
- Strong practical knowledge of software solutions and development techniques for embedded systems.
- Good working knowledge of version control software such as Git or SVN
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once and handle changing priorities.
Other desired qualifications:
- Experience with BLDC motor controllers.
- Knowledge of ARM and AVR microcontrollers.
- Experience with PID control loops.
- RC hobby product knowledge/experience.
Oversee staff, operations, equipment and support for data and voice network communications systems, including PCs, Macs, and integrated IP phones. Administer training to company personnel for all approved software and network operations. Assist with establishing company policies for hardware and software purchases and usage. Maintain the technical support process for end users. A degree in Computer Science or Networking is required. The qualified candidate will have experience with Cisco and Dell hardware as well as extensive knowledge of VMware, Microsoft Office, and VPN software. At least 5 years networking experience required. Previous network management experience and good working knowledge of VOIP systems desired.
Product Support Technician
Answer interesting product related questions on inbound customer help phone lines. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Previous customer service experience a plus. Modeling experience is not required, but must have a willingness to learn about all aspects of the R/C hobby. Full-time, days.
International Sales Representative
Our wholesale sales division has an exciting opportunity for an International Sales Representative. Serving as a key contact for a growing number of international customers, this role is responsible for initiating sales contact with current accounts, developing new business worldwide, and meeting established sales goals. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and have at least one year of previous sales or customer service experience. The ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is desirable. This is an inside sales position with minimal travel required.
Customer Service Representative
Use your problem solving skills and your background in customer service to assist with processing retail orders. Contact customers to verify billing and shipment information. Process UPS claims for missing/damaged orders and missing payments. Previous customer service or phone sales experience preferred. Part-time and full-time positions available.
Seeking qualified individuals to join our wholesale sales team! Take inbound orders from customers and field basic customer service questions. Make outbound calls to established customer accounts and present daily specials. No cold calling. Previous sales or customer service experience and computer skills desired. Full-time set schedule, Monday-Friday; no nights or weekends.
Sales & Service Representatives
Answer inbound calls from customers and assist them with placing orders in a call center environment. Excellent phone, verbal, and interpersonal skills required. Previous sales or customer service experience and computer experience desirable. Incentive pay offered. Full-time and part-time positions available. Set schedule with evening (until 8PM) and weekend (Saturday 9-4 or Sunday 10-4) hours available.
Oversee a team of sales representatives in an appealing call center environment. This supervisory position is involved in interviewing, ensuring that staff complies with established policies and best practices as well as motivating the phone sales team to improve sales, service to the customer and efficiency. Demonstrated success in sales and customer service as well as strong communication and people management skills required. Initiative, good judgment and sound decision making abilities are a must. Some supervisory experience is desirable. Full-time hours, including Saturday 9am-4pm and four weekdays with evening hours no later than 7pm.
Our warehouse team is seeking forklift drivers to help accurately stock product. Main responsibilities include restocking shelves in a timely manner, filling out-of-stock orders, recording all stock movements, and consolidating merchandise to ensure maximum space utilization. The successful candidate will be organized, accurate, and attentive to detail. Previous forklift experience is preferred, but not required. Full-time positions are available on 1st and 2nd shift.
Our Warehouse Associates are directly involved with all aspects of the order fulfillment process to help maintain Hobbico's commitment to excellence. Primary responsibilities include picking or packing customer orders, ensuring accuracy, meeting quality and production standards, and adhering to safety compliance.
We're looking to grow our warehouse team with people who possess a strong work ethic, are detail-oriented, and have the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, thriving environment. Previous warehouse or manufacturing experience is helpful, but not required. Full-time and part-time positions are immediately available on 1st and 2nd shift.
Join our warehouse receiving team as a Receiving Clerk. Responsibilities include receiving and unloading incoming shipments, verifying and recording incoming merchandise, and stock labeling product for proper distribution. This position will also communicate with other departments in the company to obtain special paperwork or to help troubleshoot orders when necessary. Previous warehouse or receiving experience is desired. Full-time position is available on 1st shift, Monday thru Friday.
Seeking a Receiving Supervisor for our warehouse which is a key position on our warehouse team. This hands-on position coordinates daily receiving activities and provides work direction to associates receiving merchandise.
- Oversee and participate in the timely receipt of all incoming deliveries according to company standards.
- Ensure all receiving functions that affect inventory are processed accurately through an established verification process.
- Manage the product flow from receiving to the warehouse.
- Ensure the accurate processing of all returns-to-vendors (RTVs), chargebacks, transfers, and damages based on established guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a warehouse/receiving environment.
- Organized and goal-oriented with the ability to multi-task and excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to lead a team, work well independently, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel.
- Experience operating forklifts, pallet jacks and related equipment.
- The ability to lift and move 70 lbs.
- Some college coursework preferred.
Return to Stock Clerk
Work in the warehouse re-stocking items and returning product to the proper location. Pick special product orders as directed. Sort and meter mail and assist with other duties as needed. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. Previous warehouse or stocking experience desirable. Good organizational skills a plus. Full-time, days.
Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety procedures. Previous security, law enforcement, or military experience or related educational background desired. Full-time and part-time positions available, 2nd shift and weekend hours.
Associate Product Manager - Electronics Team
Assist the Product Manager in the development of house-branded electronic products which support and enhance the use and enjoyment of R/C aircraft. Help develop products that offer value and satisfaction to the customer.
As Associate Product Manager on the Electronics Team, you will...
- Help to develop new product ideas that would appeal to U.S. and European Markets.
- Assist with production planning and schedules, design creation, vendor selection, project coordination, and new product introductions.
- Assist with all facets of product development, ensuring necessary processes are accomplished from product conceptualization to market release.
- Handle day-to-day communications with vendors on assigned products.
- Assist in the initial product sourcing and purchasing function of electronics and related accessories.
- Help with the presentation of product at all Hobbico-related trade shows.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous knowledge and experience with R/C aircraft and accessories.
- Extensive knowledge of electronic principles and products, such as brushless motors, AC and DC powered devices, 2.4 GHz transmitters, and receiver technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel for trade shows and other industry events.
Other desirable qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or Technology.
- Previous experience in project management.
Responsible for buying product lines, negotiating with and acting as primary liaison for assigned manufacturers. Manages inventory levels to maximize inventory fill rates, turn rates, cost of goods and return on investment. Sources qualified manufacturers who can meet purchase needs in terms of product quality, quantity and delivery date. Responsible for ongoing inventory item maintenance. Previous retail or wholesale buying experience required along with strong communication, math and Excel skills.
Assist in the creation of marketing and promotional initiatives for our innovative house brand radio control hobby products. Responsibilities include coordinating the input for all marketing, promotions and advertising materials for the marketing team. Monitor new product release schedules. Help execute electronic marketing strategies including social media postings. A minimum of 1-2 years marketing or advertising experience and superior organizational and communications skills are a must. A degree in Marketing or related field is a plus. R/C industry experience or product knowledge desired.
Acts as the primary assistant to the Advertising department manager. Assists with all print production and web advertising work. Monitors project schedules to ensure deadlines are met and prepares reports. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in the Advertising or Marketing field. Associates' degree or equivalent required. Proficiency with MS Office is a must. Full-time, days.
Systems Compliance Manager
Seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented audit professional to assume this key position responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial and compliance-related audits of key business units. Help with operational improvements and efficiencies by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management and internal controls. Qualifications include a B.S. in Accounting (CPA/MBA preferred) and a minimum of 5 years financial and operational audit experience. A combination of national public accounting and industrial manufacturing audit experience is highly desirable. Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with a good working knowledge of business and accounting systems are a must.
Elk Grove Village, IL
Revell has a unique job opportunity for a qualified candidate to join the best scale model design and development team in the toy and hobby industry. We are seeking a talented and motivated design engineer to lead projects, develop conceptual product strategies and create 3D CAD designs for new products. This is a chance to work in a fun atmosphere, designing and developing exciting new products for the scale model and toy industry. Interesting and challenging design subjects range from exotic and classic cars, to military and commercial aircraft, sci-fi spaceships, and more.
As a Design Engineer:
- Create product concept design strategy.
- Create 3D CAD models and 2D part drawings and exploded view drawings.
- Act as the internal product expert for the development team.
- Manage projects to achieve critical milestone targets.
- Create materials selection and definition for new products.
- Validate product designs utilizing rapid prototyping techniques and tools.
- Create Bill of Material lists for manufacturing.
- Assure products comply to licensing and product safety testing requirements.
- Research subject matter to accurately design products.
- Communicate with overseas manufacturers during tool construction and product qualification.
- Consult with quality and technical staff during validation of tooling and first production.
Key Requirements for the position:
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing plastic injection molded products.
- Experience with injection molded plastic part design and complex assemblies.
- 3D CAD design proficiency (ProE Creo preferred).
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
Other desired qualifications:
- Experience with injection mold tooling and rapid prototyping techniques.
- Experience with toy or scale model hobby industry.
- Familiarity with scale models.
Mass Market Brand Manager
Seeking a Mass Market Brand Manager to join our dynamic marketing team. This position is responsible for crafting the go-to-market strategies, positioning and activation plans for the Mass Market division.
- Work with the VP of Marketing and other team members to create a 3 year strategic plan for each brand.
- Manage budgets for all marketing campaigns.
- Partner with product teams to ensure understanding of key products and selling perspectives.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to understand the target customer. Track metrics to evaluate effectiveness in reaching target audience.
- Write creative ads and taglines to develop the voice of the brand.
- Evaluate brand websites and partner with in-store merchandising teams.
- Assist sales team with materials for account presentations/sales meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field.
- Prior experience creating a fully integrated marketing strategy.
- Strong knowledge of consumer and business analytics, creative process briefing, budgeting and ROI quantification.
- Experience taking a product from pre-concept to launch.
- Prior management experience.
- Strategic, creative thinker who can balance short term operating needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including creative briefs and presentations.
Technical Project Manager
Revell is looking for a Technical Project Manager to lead our technical staff, maintain product safety compliance testing, test and evaluate functionality of new products and manage internal projects to meet critical project milestones.
As Technical Manager:
- Lead and prioritize work for the department to assure project milestones are achieved
- Lead testing and evaluation for new products
- Evaluate development samples for function, appearance and quality vs. intended design
- Create test summary documentation for engineering and manufacturing department feedback
- Maintain product safety testing records and lead product safety qualification via 3rd party testing labs
- Perform quality reviews of existing products
- Lead prototype creation with inside and outside resources
- Develop and maintain internal engineering and manufacturing documentation
Key Requirements for the position:
- 5 years related work experience
- Strong leadership ability
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within an internal and external cross functional team
Other desired qualifications:
- Associates of Science in technical field.
- Experience with model building
- Familiar with injection mold tooling and molding process
Assembly & Shipping Clerk
Estes Rockets, a leading manufacturer of model rocket kits, engines, and accessories, is seeking a 1st shift Assembly & Shipping Clerk to start immediately. Primary responsibilities include working on an assembly line to package materials and helping load and unload trucks as necessary. Must be able to lift up to 70lbs and a high school diploma or GED is required.
Additional Job Duties:
- Assemble products accurately and efficiently within set production goals
- Perform product inspection to ensure quality control
- Prepare and package finished products for shipping
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with safety regulations
This position is the first line of contact between production employees and the management staff with an ongoing presence on the warehouse floor. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and overseeing work performed by Warehouse Associates. Duties also include expediting customer order flow, assigning duties and examining work for accuracy to ensure order processing conforms with standard operating procedure. Coordinates Associate training and advises employees on proper procedures and shipping deadlines. Communicates with managers to report progress of work and to provide information on the timely shipping of customers' product. The qualified candidate should be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision, have strong time management skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Three to five years supervisory or team leader experience in a distribution setting is required. Associates degree in a related field preferred.
We have an immediate opening for a Security Officer to help maintain a safe and secure work environment. Main responsibilities include patrolling property premises, monitoring surveillance equipment, performing building inspection tours, and ensuring safety compliance. Previous law enforcement/security experience or related educational background is required. This is a part-time position, Monday-Friday.
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Full-time and part-time positions available on 1st shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful.
Mission Viejo, CA
Event Activation Specialist
Coordinate publicity for products and services and organize company's representation at trade shows and events. Will create and manage events from set-up to tear-down. Also responsible for creating and maintaining product displays and building R/C vehicles. Two years R/C product and industry knowledge required. Previous experience in a public relations or communications field desirable. Must be able to travel for weekend events.