Join Our Team
The leading radio control model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the industry, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. Hobbico offers a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
- Champaign, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Penrose, CO
- Reno, NV
- Irvine, CA
- Ashby, UK
Product Support Technician
Answer interesting product related questions on inbound customer help phone lines. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Previous customer service experience a plus. Modeling experience is not required, but must have a willingness to learn about all aspects of the R/C hobby. Full-time, days.
Join our Advertising Department with your proven skills in web development and graphic design, creating and maintaining web sites for a large number of radio control and general hobby products. Qualified candidates must have a degree in web development or graphic design and 5 years experience developing web sites using HTML, CSS and Java Script. Additional skills desired include 2 years experience with PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign. Applicants should be adaptable, deadline-oriented, well-organized, able to quickly learn new techniques, have good interpersonal and communication skills, and be prepared to keep up to date with web advances and changing technologies. Full-time, days.
Maintain sales contact with assigned customer base. Make outbound sales calls, sell weekly specials, promote account growth, and provide customer service. At least two years of sales or customer service experience required. Full-time, days.
Food Service Assistant
Assist with cafeteria operations including food preparation, serving, and ordering food supplies. Good customer service skills and previous food service experience required. Must have a dependable work history. Food service sanitation certificate desirable, but will certify the right candidate. Full-time, days.
Perform all major accounting functions including deposits, expense payables, merchandise payables and refunds. Responsible for various accounting spreadsheet functions and account analysis. Previous experience with Excel required. At least 2 years bookkeeping or accounting experience desirable. Full-time, days.
Request and disburse credit information from customers. Handle department filing and mailings and assist department supervisor with other duties as needed. Excellent customer service skills and basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel required. Previous office and/or customer service experience desirable. Full-time, days.
Fork Lift Drivers
Assist with stocking and movement of product. Previous forklift experience preferred, but not required. Part-time position available on 2nd shift, full-time position available on 3rd shift. Premium wages for 3rd shift.
Pickers and Packers
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Pick customer orders or pack them for shipment. Full-time and part-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful, but not required.
Responsible for the warehouse receipt and check-in process for merchandise ordered by the company. May also assist with unloading trucks. Dependable work history required. Previous warehouse experience helpful. Full-time position available on 1st shift.
Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety procedures. Previous security, law enforcement, or military experience or related educational background desired. Part-time position available on 1st shift.
Assess company training needs and develop and conduct effective training programs to maintain and improve employee job skills.
- Writing curriculum for training programs including training manuals, course materials and presentations.
- Providing safety and regulatory training and other training for new hires.
- Perform computer software training and product training.
- Measure and record training effectiveness.
- Establish relationships and coordinate training with department clients.
- Assisting with administrative duties as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience writing and delivering training curriculums.
- Excellent presentation skills/influential speaker.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use new technologies to increase training efficiency and materials effectiveness.
- Proven writing skills.
- Experience training adult learners in a corporate environment preferred.
- Bachelors' Degree in a related field, preferably Communications or Training.
Elk Grove Village, IL
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
We are seeking an experienced professional for the position of Director of Engineering and Product Development to manage the development process from concept to manufacturing creating differentiated new products that address industry trends and deliver unique benefits and superior value to the customer. If you have excellent leadership and project management skills combined with strong engineering and design abilities as well as a successful track record of managing a low cost, high quality manufacturing process for company brands, this could be the career opportunity of a lifetime.
- Manage the end to end process of engineering and product development by creating product development schedules and performing project planning for the Engineering and Product Development teams.
- Develop new products according to delivery schedules ensuring that products are within optimal cost ranges and in accordance with specifications. Innovate on existing products to increase incremental revenue growth.
- Build a sound product development system that includes a 3D design process and rapid prototyping.
- Provide technical leadership on material selection, component and tooling design to insure quality, cost, and performance objectives are met while balancing quality.
- Conduct feasibility studies and oversee testing on plastic and other materials and new consumer products.
- Partner with the marketing team to understand consumer needs and develop, support and manage the integration of new products and new product lines.
- Collaborate with suppliers to design and produce world-class plastic model hobby kits and other non-core product lines.
- Perform in-depth analysis and reporting on new products to optimize the performance of these products for accelerated revenue growth, and increased profitability.
- Manage consumer product testing and understand regulatory issues as they pertain to new product development considering product safety, licensing, trademarks, copyrights, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 10 years' experience in plastic tooling design, material selection and management of engineering and product development teams required.
- Experience in consumer product development or toys and plastic model hobbies a plus.
- Proven track record of generating new product ideas and developing innovative new products that generate sales and outstanding returns.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to motivate a team and communicate with senior management.
- Confident with new technology - must have experience with 3D design technology and surface modeling. An experienced background in consumer products manufacturing is required.
- Experienced in vendor negotiations and a proven track record of product design, product development and bringing new products to market on time.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with a proven ability to work collaboratively with engineering, marketing, sales and profit centers.
- Strong product design and development as well as numerical and analytical skills with an ability to interpret quantitative data.
- Strategic, creative thinker who can balance short term operating needs with long term strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic atmosphere and react quickly to changes and shifting priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively create and manage budgets, develop forecasts and reconcile department needs against changing company priorities and performance.
- Management of work force time scheduling.
Revell, a division of Hobbico, Inc. and a leading toy model kit manufacturer located in Elk Grove Village, IL is seeking an experienced marketing professional.
As Marketing Coordinator
- Research, create and execute marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate special events and sponsorships.
- Write and send press releases regarding product releases and company news.
- Perform market research and analyze the information obtained.
- Manage execution of marketing budgets.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Five years of consumer product experience in marketing or sales.
- Knowledge and experience working with mass market retailers.
- Experience with online marketing and understanding of social media and smart phone technology.
- Understanding of various marketing mediums and calculating marketing effectiveness and ROI.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business preferred; work experience highly valued.
Assemble parts to light sub-assemblies and complete units. Full-time, days.
Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Full-time positions available on 1st shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful.
Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety policies and procedures. Assist Operations Manager with daily monitoring of employee activities. Review security camera tapes and provide documentation of any accidents or unsafe activities. Previous security, law enforcement, or military experience or related educational background desired. Part-time, days.