A truly handy and affordable peak charger
Now you can quickly and safely charge one 4-cell Rx or 8-cell Tx NiCd in about 25 minutes, with the bonuses of peak detection and compact size! This pocket-sized unit can handle charging duties anywhere there's DC voltage (such as a car battery, TorqMaster LC Battery or 12V Power Supply), to provide additional fast, deep battery charging at the field, at a price you won't be able to resist. And don't let it's small size fool you; this QuickPeak Charger packs approximately 800 mA of charge current, and is so easy to use, it's almost automatic!
- Face plate feature color-coded jacks for charge leads with banana plugs, with a "4-cell/Off/8-cell" selector switch
- DC power lead comes with alligator clips for easy connection to a 12V battery
- A green LED assures modelers that power is on; red LED glows steadily during fast charge, and flashes after QuickPeak switches to trickle charge
- The common spade fuse for protecting against accidental overloads is easily accessible on top of the unit
- LEDs at each outlet glow when charge is in progress
- Input and Output are reverse polarity protected
Note: Tx batteries which are approaching full charge can reach or exceed 12.0V DC. In this case, if a charger is powered by a 12V field battery, there is not enough excess voltage in which the charger can properly charge the battery because the charger itself must consume a certain amount of voltage in order to operate. This problem is worsened if the Tx has a diode in its charge circuitry. The Quick Field Charger and Quick Peak Charger from Hobbico employ a 'voltage boost' circuit which takes the 12V DC input and then increases it to 15V DC. The remainder of the charger circuitry operates from this 15V DC power, which is more than enough to fully peak charge Tx batteries - even in diode protected transmitters.
Stock Number: HCAM3005
Length: 4 in
Width: 2.75 in
Depth: 1.5 in
Enter your e-mail address